CPCS A73 Plant & Vehicle Marshal (Experienced operative route)
This course is designed to fast track experienced traffic marshals (A minimum of 2 years' experience of working as traffic marshal on a busy site is advisable) .
Please be aware of the fact that only one days' training is given for this course; less experienced operatives should book the more intense Novices' course.
• Site induction
• Introduction to plant & vehicle marshalling including CPCS Test expectations
• Relevant Health and Safety legislation
• CPCS theory test preparation (revision of knowledge questions)
• Roles and responsibilities of the plant & vehicle marshaller.
• Plant types, limitations, hazards and stability factors.
• Traffic plans and work management.
• Preparation for CPCS Theory Tests.
• Demonstration of practical test requirements
Note: from our experience, candidates stand a 90% chance of passing the exams if allowed a couple of days to internalise the content of day one. Consequently, we allow a couple of days between day one and day two.
• CPCS Theory Test.
• CPCS Practical Test.
The training involves both theory training and practical test demonstration.
Pre-requisites and additional information
Delegates MUST have passed their CSCS Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years (to the date of the actual CPCS tests).
Delegates that arrive without a valid CSCS HSE pass will not be permitted to attend and will lose the full cost of the course.
Candidates must bring photo ID in order to take their CPCS tests.
Please note that if you do not pass the CPCS Theory Test then you are not permitted to attempt the CPCS Practical Test. Additional fees apply if re-tests are required.
Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.
This course is eligible for CITB grants.